We exist to uplift Latino families in East Palo Alto and the mid-peninsula through community education, leadership development, and advocacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare memos, documents or flyers
- Manage Nuestra Casa’s Event calendar and Board calendar
- Support Executive Director with communication/dissemination of information
- Support Executive Director with accounting/budgeting tasks
- Prepare meeting agendas, record and distribute meeting minutes, and maintain organized files of same
- Perform data entry, documentation, printing, and filing duties
- Perform research duties as required by the Executive Director
- Work closely with Executive Director and Program Director to facilitate execution of projects
- Answer/make phone calls to constituents and project partners as needed
- Support programs in daily admin roles and keep stock of stationery supplies
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and follow the guidelines set forth by Nuestra Casa’s Policies and Procedures Manual
The Program Assistant reports to the Executive Director
Education: BA or BA in process with experience working with the East Palo Alto Community or underserved communities
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse population
- Experience conducting workshops and managing different size groups
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Must have a caring and friendly disposition, and basic understanding of the community being served
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and/or weekends
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a bonus
STATUS: This position is Part-Time (20 hours per week) and does not offer medical/dental/vision benefits or vacation time. Sick time is accrued according to CA standards.
POSITION SALARY: $20.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. Position becomes permanent after successful completion of 6-month probationary period.
All interested parties should submit a résumé to Miriam Yupanqui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nuestra Casa is an equal opportunity employer.