Category: Press
Hetch Hetchy Reservoir

This KQED article by Ezra David Romero discusses the future of this important SF Bay water resource in the context of climate change. The article quotes our executive director, Miriam Yupanqui, about the community’s desire for more access to Hetch Hetchy water, which is considered some of the purest in the state. “The pipeline travels across the Dumbarton Bridge and emerges right next to the community of East Palo Alto, which gets around 80% of its water from the source. The other 20% comes from local sources, and residents question its purity, said Miriam Yupanqui, executive director of the local advocacy group Nuestra Casa de East Palo Alto.” Learn more about Nuestra Casa’s water justice work here.